JOYABRAVA builds the vision of contemporary Chilean jewelry, understanding this as a means of expression, reflection and development of "sudaca" artistic critical thinking. We are crucial actors in the creation and strengthening of our cultural territory of resistance.
As a group, we have constantly worked and investigated our identity from a political perspective, questioning the limits and symbolic scope of the pieces we make, creating a tension with traditional jewelry. A core language with which brave jewelers generate a body of work that will endure over time.
Breaking down barriers, turning our subjectivity into the world, are some of the ways in which we dispute a symbolic territory. In this new perspective “our imaginary is our gold”.
JOYABRAVA proposes a revaluation of the object and its materiality as wearable art. We vindicate the gesture, we think with our hands, experimenting and projecting pieces that dialogue with our context.
Over time we have been forging a character that defines us as brave jewelers: consistent, activists, playful, visceral, risky and committed.
The time has come to be more than a landscape.
It's time for JOYABRAVA.
Santiago de Chile, January 2018
APPLICATIONS OPEN TO BECOME A MEMBER OF JOYA BRAVA
Requirements to join JoyaBrava
- Being over 18 years.
- Being Chilean or a foreigner residing in Chile.
- Have a body de obra that represents a contribution to the field of contemporary jewelry.
- Have a portafolio coherent that denotes a development of idea, common thread and identity of the author, in addition to a cv that_cc781905-5cde-3194-bb3b-136bad5cf5-cc781_de9cf5-cc781_de 3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ demonstrate a professional attitude toward discipline.
- Deliver all the information requested within the application period, to be evaluated by the selection team.
- Attend a personal interview.
- In the case of being accepted, the payment of an incorporation fee corresponding to the amount of _cc7810 -3194-bb3b-136bad5cf58d_ $10,000.- and the payment of an ordinary fee corresponding to $15,000.- per month.
- If accepted, the partner agrees to fully respect the statutes of the association.
Information you must send
1- Fill out the application form.
2- Motivation Letter or Statement
3- Attach CV indicating background such as: publications or catalogs that support activity or career, personal or collective exhibitions, awards, etc.
4- Attach Portfolio with a maximum of 7 photographs of works,
with a brief technical sheet for each piece (type of piece, materials, measurements, techniques used).
Word, Ppt or PDF format.
From January 22 to March 15, 2018.
The results of the selected applicants will be delivered via mail on April 5, 2018, joining JOYABRAVA's activities as of May of this year.